City Health Office
Dr. MARIA CLARA C. AQUINO
City Health Officer
The Office of the City Health Officer (CHO) is under the supervision of Dr. MA. CLARA C. AQUINO. The CHO has three (3) Rural Health Centers, RHU 1 (Northern part of Mabalacat) RHU 2 (Southern part of Mabalacat to inlcude Dau) and RHU 3 (Eastern part of Mabalacat more particularly Mabiga area where the center is located. In every RHU, there assigned Rural Health Physicians. Dr. Ann Mary U. Tolentino is assigned at RHU1, Dr. Freddie Anunciacion is assigned at RHU2 and Dr. Manuel M. Aquino is assigned at RHU3.
The duties and functions of the City Health Officer is as follows:
- Supervises the personnel and staff of said office, formulate program implementation guidelines and rules and regulations for the operation of the office for the approval of the mayor in order to assist him in the efficient, effective and economical implementation of a health services program geared to implementation of health-related projects and activites;
- Formulates measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the mayor in carrying out activities to ensure the delivery of basic services and provisions of adequate facilities relative to health services;
- Develops plans and strategies and upon approval by the mayor implement the same, particularly those which have to do with health programs and projects which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide;
- In addition, the CHO shall formulate and implement policies, plans, programs and projects to promote the health of the people in the LGU;
- Advise the mayor pertaining to health;
- Execute and enforce all laws, ordinances and regulations relating to public health;
- Recommend to the sanggunian, through local health board, the passage of ordinances as he may deem necessary for the preservation of public health;
- Recommend the prosecution of any violation of sanitary laws, ordinances or regulations;
- Direct the sanitary inspection of all business establishments selling food items or providing accommodations such as hotels, motels, lodging houses, pension houses, and the like in accordance with the Sanitation Code.
- Conduct health information campaigns and render health intelligence services;
- Coordiante with other government agencies and non-government organizations involved in the promotion and delivery of health services;
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of health services, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.